Sunday, December 26, 2010

Summertime, market success and buying handmade.

It's been a busy time for Georgia's Closet and so unfortunately the blog has taken a back seat. We had our first market stall at the wonderful Hide & Seek market in Sydney's Hills District. The market is full of fabulous handmade goodies for babies and mums. It was hard work to not spend all my money on the gorgeous wares on offer. Georgia's Closet had a successful day and we'll be back in February for another stall. Take a look at our little market setup....


I've been thinking a lot about the range I'm going to offer at our next stall and the fabrics I'll need to stock up on. I always head straight to Etsy for my supplies as I can get some great stuff at great prices - particularly given how great the exchange rate is now. Etsy is like eBay for handmade goods, it's full of brilliant one-off wares made by very talented individuals, have a look at http://www.etsy.com/ to see for yourself. I came across some beautiful Japanese fabrics which will be perfect for soft, flowing smock tops that will be on offer in Autumn, as well as some Amy Butler basics that will make some stunning one-off toddler dresses which will be at my February market.

Somewhere amongst all of this, I made Georgia her Christmas outfit, a cute little shirred dress in a gorgeous Alexander Henry Christmas print. Check out the picture below, taken at a get together with friends....I love this photo!



With summer in our midst, I'm keen to sew up some lightweight cotton dresses for Georgia, especially for our trip to Singapore next month. Lightweight cotton is a life saver over there, as the humidity makes it really sticky and uncomfortable for little ones. Georgia's got so much hair she really feels the heat too. The pillowcase dress is perfect because it's loose fitting and will grow as she grows - which is incredibly fast these days!!

If you're shopping for your little one this sale season, go for lightweight garments, in light colours that will also keep mozzies at bay. They also dry quickly when you're on holidays so can be worn more than once while you're away. Email me at georgiascloset@gmail.com to see our latest range of summer dresses, in great lightweight fabrics.

Enjoy the festive season and summer with your loved ones, see you in the New Year!

Vanessa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment