Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Shoes are a little girl's best friend

I've been thinking a lot about how I can give my customers more value out of this blog and somehow (yes unimaginably so!) my mind wandered to shoes. Since Georgia's walking...or should I say running...so confidently now, I've started putting shoes on her whenever we leave the house. But I must say that it's hard to find the right shoe for a little one - and very importantly, shoes that will match gorgeous party clothes as well as casual ones you won't mind getting wrecked in the event of toddler mischief.

I'm addicted to buying soft soled, leather shoes for Georgia. Not only are they light on her feet, they're flexible too, which is super important when toddlers are learning to walk. Check out this guide to buying baby and toddler shoes for some great info on what to look for, how to buy and some great links too. Soft leather shoes come in so many styles and colours that you'll be sure to find a pair to perfectly compliment any outfit and will probably find it hard to choose just one or two!

I recently went into a beautiful little baby boutique for some dressier shoes for Georgia as she previously only owned these heavy, thick soled black Mary Janes. I ended up choosing a gorgeous pair of chocolate brown moccasins by Bobux that will match any colour outfit and still looks quite dressy. I now officially love Bobux shoes, they have so many styles to choose from and are a great price too, given how quickly Georgia's little piggies have been growing lately. Check them out and choose a pair to match your little one's favourite Georgia's Closet dress!

Speaking of dresses, I've been feeling guilty that I make all of these dresses to sell and poor Georgia gets left out....I guess it's like a mechanic who never services their own car, in a way! I had a beautiful piece of fabric which I had wanted to make something for her out of, so I set about putting together a gorgeous peasant dress for her....and here it is.


I'm also taking orders for this style of dress in sizes 1 to 5, at $45 it's a bargain for a party dress, and if you prefer a more casual look, I can make it without the bow for $40. As the Aussie dollar's been so strong lately I've stocked up on fabrics and I have some stunning fabrics that will suit this dress perfectly too. Email me at georgiascloset@gmail.com to place your order.

I'm loving that the sun is shining and Spring is nearly here, so here's to plenty more sunshine!

Vanessa
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment